sabato 15 dicembre 2018

The right tools for work

In the end, maybe I have found my right free program for editing video subtitles. I do not know if it is “the best”, but I like it and find myself well in working with it. Or maybe I have met in the middle of the road that piece of software, just suiting to my taste at that point of my life and activities, so that we have begun to go together. Something like when two persons, even without a specific reason, fall in love! (smile!)

To choose the right tools is very important. Let me me go here from the very particular to the very general (sometimes we should do!), but I think that the habit of too many people not to look around, not to try, not to choose their own tool, suitable to their actual needs and taste, as just they take, for some defined tasks, always the most fashionable piece on the market, during the years has taken to death a great amount of good ideas hardware and software, has restricted the field of the possible solutions for many human problems, has driven most people to think and to do often in the same way, not taking advantage of the huge possibilities of choices of the digital era, but rather contributing – together with more and more consumerist, individualistic, antisocial behaviours in a society whose situation would rather call everyone to sharing, participation and active citizenshipto address the world towards the Pensée unique, with great danger for the future of the planet itself and for democracy, as many recent events and political trend show.
I think that if for instance, programs like Power Point or Word Press, good indeed for their specific tasks (hall presentations and writing blogs on line, above all, and obviously much more, but just for those who like and choose that way of working), are used for years by everyone for everything, for any multimedia authoring of web mastering purpose, without even thinking of the possible existence of alternatives - or worse killing in this way most of the competitors, not because of a real costumers' choice, but because of an “a priori” renounce to look around and choose - that is a contribution in fact to the building of the main road to mainstream ideological conformism.

It is a matter of basic literacy in nowadays world, to be able of moving across a more and more redundant environment recognizing, selecting and choosing hardware and software according to what we have or like to do; every school should teach to kids this first. Then, our choices can be right of wrong, but it is life.
But now I am glad as I can put here the text of subtitles just according to the picture of the sound of voices, with easy and great precision. Even the wave seems to match automatically the length of sentences, when I paste them (but never trust too much in the automatisms, and here manual corrections are very simple and natural!)
Other programs probably may do the same, but for now I have met this one! (smile!). Searching, watching, choosing...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento